Let's see what's up with Baby this week:
- Baby is a little larger than a cherry tomato!
- Baby has begun to practice swallowing amniotic fluid!
- All of our little one's organs are function this week, including the brain and liver!
- Tiny nails are forming on baby's fingers and toes!
- He's covered in peach fuzz!
I must correct a mistake that I made in last week's update. Week 10 is the week that baby goes from the embryonic stage to the fetal development stage.
Here's a look at what a baby looks like at this stage. Pretty awesome, right?
As for my appointment, well let's just say that it was extremely uneventful. I had a doctor who I've never seen before, who was dressed in cowboy boots and jeans and was a much older guy. At least, I think that he was a doctor. He didn't introduce himself, so who knows. He was extremely unprofessional and I was very disappointed. I go back in exactly 4 weeks, at which point I will be 14 weeks and officially, 100% out of this trimester. (Note: many of the risks associated with the 1st trimester have already dissipated by the stage that I am at now).