Monday, March 21, 2011

9 weeks

I would like to document this pregnancy as best as possible, so let's get started! I am actually 9 weeks, 4 days today, so closer to 10 weeks. Can you believe it!?

Let's see what's happening this week:

- Baby has graduated from an embryo, to a fetus!
- My little itsy bitsy is a little over an inch long, and weighs just a fraction of an ounce!
- Fingers and toes are no longer webbed, and joints are fully functional.
- Almost all of the organs are beginning to function!
- Baby has little tiny earlobes!
- Most of his/her physiology is in place, now it's just time to get big and strong!

Here is an awesome video of a 9 week old fetus. That's what my little one looks like!


As for me, I am extremely exhausted and battling an endless cycle of nausea/hunger. I am good and bloated and look far more pregnant than I actually am.  I can't wait for that to be baby, instead of water weight! 

We have started the name discussions, but so far they haven't gone very well. Good thing we've got months to go before I pop! I am starting to really look forward to finding out the sex of the baby. Quite honestly, I "feel" like it's a boy and refer to it is a "he" without even thinking. However, I am well aware that there is just no way of knowing until, well, we know! I have a doctor's appointment on Thursday, and I will be 10 weeks. I can't wait!  I have found the heartbeat with my home Doppler a few times, but not for very long. I'm hoping that the doctor will have better luck. 

1 comment:

  1. I've had my money on "boy" from the start, so we'll see who is right! grow, baby, grow!

    ReplyDelete